Home 3 News 3 6 killed in fresh Boko Haram attack

6 killed in fresh Boko Haram attack

No fewer than 6 persons were on feared  killed  in early hours of Friday while 20 others injured in an attack by a suicide bomber on a mosque located in the Government Reservation Area (GRA) zone of Maiduguri, Borno State, North-east of Nigeria.

A statement  by PRNigeria‎ indicates that rescuers from the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) had confirmed  that six persons lost their lives in the attack and that it had evacuated the six dead bodies.

But a witness told journalists that 18 persons may have been killed in the attack.

According to the PRNigeria,  the incident occurred during the early Morning Subhi Prayer at a mosque behind Magistrate Court Polo Area in Maiduguri.

It was further gathered that  the explosion was carried out by a suspected lone suicide bomber whose two accomplices escaped, when some vigilant members of the community accosted them on their suspicious movements.

A senior health worker confirmed that the six bodies had been deposited in the mortuary, while about 17 other injured victims are being treated in Specialist and teaching hospitals in Maiduguri‎.

Meanwhile, ayouth vigilante source, Modu Kyari, told journalists on phone that the lone suicide bomber mixed with worshippers for the early morning prayer at about 5:00 am at Jiddari Polo area of the  town.

He said during the prayer, the suicide bomber detonated the explosive devices strapped on him, killing 18 persons and leaving 20 persons critically injured.

0 0 0 0