Explosions rocked the Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos on Wednesday as Fire Fighters from a media outfit located around the area attempted to put out a fire that engulf a warehouse located in a residential building in the Monkey Village area of Lagos.
The warehouse was said to be housing an unknown quantity of chemical which residents said had been stored for over a year by the owner.
Witnesses said the explosion occurred when the fire fighters attempted to extinguish the fire “and just as the water touched the chemical the chemical started going off like bombs.”
The fire consumed a three storey building located at Monkey Village area but no life was lost in the inferno which witnesses said started from a warehouse at the building fully stocked with chemicals.
It was gathered that some residents of the area noticed smoke emitting from the warehouse which was locked in the early hours of Wednesday, but nobody thought it was something serious until the fire started.
A witness who spoke on condition of anonymity said the chemical had been parked inside the warehouse for close to one year and that improper storage may have cause the chemical to ignite the fire that consumed the building.
Nigeria on Wednesday joined other nations across world in banning the Boeing 737 Max 8 …