Mother Teresa, revered for her work with the poor in India, has been proclaimed a saint by Pope Francis in a ceremony at the Vatican.
Tens of thousands of pilgrims had flocked to St Peter’s Square for the Mass and canonisation.
Two miraculous cures of the sick after Mother Teresa’s death in 1997 have been attributed to her intercession.
In India, a special Mass was celebrated at the Missionaries of Charity, the order she founded in Kolkata.
More from my site
- March 28, 2016 Pope at Easter recalls victims of ‘blind, brutal terrorism’
- February 20, 2018 Bishop Lucius Ugorji, now administrator of Ahiara Diocese
- November 24, 2017 Pope, at service for Africa, decries murder of women, children
- August 9, 2017 How the attackers killed my members-Parish Priest
- February 26, 2016 Man 30 remanded for stabbing his mum to death
- September 22, 2015 Pope Francis arrives US