Tuesday , September 22 2020
Home / News / PENGASSAN tasks FG on ailing refineries

PENGASSAN tasks FG on ailing refineries

 The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has urged the Federal Government to adopt the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) model in reviving the country’s ailing refineries.
PENGASSAN President, Mr Ndukaku Ohaeri gave the advice at an interactive session with journalists on Friday in Lagos.
According to Ohaeri, the success story of the NLNG needs to be replicated in other government owned assets like the refineries.
He said that such application was one of the best ways to maximise the country’s assets.
“In NLNG, government has about 49 per cent stake through the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), the rest 51 per cent are controlled by Shell, Eni and Total.
“These companies that own 51 per cent are good in what they do and are core business people.
“It is not like they want to do business and run at a loss; they have to bring the expertise and required model that is best practice for its success.
“That is why NLNG is very successful; every staff of NLNG has so much imbibed the culture of excellence and performance,” he said.
The PENGASSAN president commended government for harnessing gas flared through the Nigerian Gas Flare Commercialisation Programme.
He said that such effort was to reduce carbon print in the atmosphere, resulting in ozone layer depletion and climate change.
He, therefore, advised government to support several gas-to-power initiatives and develop a legal and fiscal framework to grow the non-associated gas.
“We believe significant investment should be made in the area of gas and we are particularly glad that the final investment decision for NLNG train seven has been signed,’’ Ohaeri said.(NAN)

Share and Enjoy !

0 0

About Editor

Check Also

Boko Haram fighters swoop on Borno village, kill eight

  Eight people were killed and two injured during renewed attacks by  Boko Haram insurgents …

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com