Friday , August 17 2018
Home / News / Boko Haram regroups around Bama-Army

Boko Haram regroups around Bama-Army

The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, has said that some Boko Haram members are regrouping around Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.

Nicholas stated this on Monday  in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, explaining that some of the terrorists attacked the nation’s military troops in Bama village on Saturday.

According to him, the troops were attacked while conducting clearance operations in the area.

He also blamed the attack on the muddy terrain of the road, which slowed the movement of troops and left several operational vehicles stuck.

The Theater Commander, however, denied reports that some soldiers went missing after the attack with military vehicles carted away. He described such report as untrue and misleading.

Nicholas noted that the army would have to restrategise its operations especially with the setting in of the rains to consolidate on successes recorded.

Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Texas Chukwu, had earlier denied reports that 23 Nigerian soldiers were missing after the ambush.

The Army spokesman said the soldiers promptly repelled the attack while none of them was dead or missing.

“The Nigerian Army wishes to state categorically that the report is not only untrue but misleading as the said report is blown out of proportion by the media.

“Contrary to the report, the Nigerian Army wishes to put the record straight on the issue and assure members of the public particularly residents of the North East to disregard the report as their safety is guaranteed,” he said.

To Chukwu, the fight against Boko Haram terrorists in the insurgency troubled region of the country was yielding positive results.

About Editor

Check Also

Aretha Franklin has died, aged 76.

A publicist for the US singer said the ‘Queen of Soul’ passed away on Thursday …

0Shares
0 0 0 0