By George Aluo
A full house of 24 lifters (13 male and 11 female) are at the moment in the Abuja camp of Nigeria Weightlifting Federation ( NWF) preparing for the African Youth Games billed for next month in Algiers.
A board member of NWF, Louis Okoro told newsreporters.ng yesterday that camping started May 28 with two coaches Usman Usman from Kaduna State and Nkechi Odibeli from Lagos State in charge of the exercise.
Okoro who is the chairman, Media/Publicity Committee of NWF said the sports federation is determined to ensure that the lifters that would fly Nigeria’s flag at the youth games in Algeria are in top shape.
“We want our lifters to be in good shape. This informed why we started camp early. We are confident they would do the country proud in Algeria,” Okoro said.
Below is a roll camp of the lifters in camp:
1. Ajayi James Eche. 56kg (Benue)
2. Umoafia Edidiong Joseph. 62kg (Akwa ibom)
3. Opadeji Adedapo Adeleke. 69kg (Osun)
4. Nyong Unwana Peter. 62kg (Akwa Ibom)
5. Sani Musa.77kg (Niger)
6. Abdul Mutalib.+85kg Umar (Niger)
7. Adeyemi Abayomi Vincent.85kg (Osun)
8. Yahuza Nuhu.69kg (Bauchi)
9. Ndubuisi Obaja.62kg (Delta)
10. Collins Chukwudi. 77kg (Delta)
11. Ashaolu Michael. +85kg (Kwara)
12. Akanu Desmond. 85kg (Kaduna).
13.Adebayo Michael.56kg (Katsina)
14. Yusuf Islamiyat.58kg (Osun)
15. Okon Theresa Daniel.53kg (Akwa Ibom)
16. Ofem Destiny Joseph. 44kg (Bayelsa)
17. Obika Kosisochukwu.53kg (Anambra)
18. Iwara Stella.58kg (Cross River)
19. Folarin Morufat.44kg (Ogun)
20. Quadri Opeyemi.48kg (Lagos)
21. Didih Onome Omolola. +63kg(Lagos)
22. Kingsley Stella. 63kg (Rivers)
23. Okeke Victory. 63kg (Kwara)
24. Mustapha Suliyat. +63kg (Kwara)